The new definition of marriage is here: On 9 December 2017, the Marriage Act 1961 was amended to redefine marriage in Australia as ‘the union of 2 people to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life’. The right to marry under Australian law will no longer be determined by sex or gender.“...


This Pacific Islander ceremony saw two nurses exchanging whale teeth as a symbol of strength, courage and welcome into the family...


The drama and delight of this iconic Sydney backdrop with bridge, harbour, Fort Denison, Centrepoint Tower and that funny looking shell building oops Sydney Opera House- a certainty to impress any overseas guests!


The parks and fore shores of Sydney are often hidden gems offering venues for free or a low fee yet with spectacular views of the harbour or ocean. Ask me!

Men over the moon

This couple chose a Harbourside venue near the Casino and some very funny Vows before heading off on their Honeymoon...

The Attorney - General’s Department has confirmed the forms, you will be able to lodge your Notice of Intended Marriage with me.

Call Melissa on 0425213338  

The Attorney- General's Department has confirmed the forms and documents to be used.  You will both be able to lodge your Notice of Intended Marriage with your authorised celebrant as the first step in the legal process. Your Celebrant will have other forms you will need to sign before and at the wedding ceremony and she will send the documents off to Births, Dearhs and Marriages in the state in which your marriage is solemnised, after the wedding to register it.  You can marry a month after the Notice is lodged and up to 18 months later before the Notice becomes ‘stale’. Ask me what evidence I need to sight from you to lodge your Notice today! Call me on M 0425213338

Changing your name

You will then be able to apply for a registration marriage certificate to change your surname to that of your partners or vice versa. If you wish to create a new surname that combines both names, this is considered to be a new legal entity and will require an official Change of Name. See the BDM in your State or Territory for the list of fees.

Copyright Same Sex Celebrant Sydney